- We are liberated enough to send our daughters to film schools ,but are we ready to accept their decisions about their own life?
- Our society was always ridden with class and caste problems,but why are honour killings rising faster than our literacy rate?
- We take pride in the globalisation of our country but what about the productification(my word!) of women in our media?
- It is nice to have cameras in our phones,safety cameras in our stores,nanny cams in our homes,but are we mature enough to handle the voyeur in our mind?
- When we have hundreds of friends on ****book and 1000000+ scraps in **kut ,aren't we stealing away time from our real life relationships?
- Is privacy only a kind of setting online ?
- Are we a society of scopophiliacs,so hungry for entertainment that we can sell our own private moments for it?
Thursday, March 25, 2010
LOVE , *** aur bahut kuch !
I am no film critic and generally also I avoid passing judgements on other people's creative outputs.So whatever opinion I have about a poem,a book, a film or any other art piece I try keeping it to myself.However ,I do feel like absolving Ekta Kapoor of some of her saas-bahu sins for producing a film called Love,Sex aur Dhoka.Not that its a masterpiece,but Dibakar Banerjee does raise some relevant questions for the Youtube generation.
Orange Flower Awards
Readers Loved These
I write about
April Blogging challenge love 2015 daughter life memories women death girls hindi poetry dad 2014 gender ratio soul mom poet childhood death loneliness alone priyamvada loneliness delhi words. thoughts child heart woman words.thoughts Stream of consciousness rape answers blog lessons mother birthday women's day contest grief loss HAIKU blogoversary cities discrimination festival friends me memories mind papa religion sexual harrasment shimla sufi winter lonely mom dad pain questions violence writer diwali freedom god home men patriarchy random thoughts sad writing brothers fear fog grandfather grandmother hope kids light motherhood ritual summers basho book chandigarh children dreams emily eyes facebook hills husband kerouac longing miss new year nostalgia paradoxes remember school sonee 2011 BOY Ruskin Bond WISHES fairytale family freeze independence day jagjit singh nobody pyar rain reading shame short story virginia woolf worship 9/11 GADGETS TV aazadi autumn colour daughter's day first frenemy happy history human joys kashmir krishna leader mother's day nest opposites plant small son teachers thoughts toddlers tragedy tree wife 2012 2013 Haider her tea