- We are liberated enough to send our daughters to film schools ,but are we ready to accept their decisions about their own life?
- Our society was always ridden with class and caste problems,but why are honour killings rising faster than our literacy rate?
- We take pride in the globalisation of our country but what about the productification(my word!) of women in our media?
- It is nice to have cameras in our phones,safety cameras in our stores,nanny cams in our homes,but are we mature enough to handle the voyeur in our mind?
- When we have hundreds of friends on ****book and 1000000+ scraps in **kut ,aren't we stealing away time from our real life relationships?
- Is privacy only a kind of setting online ?
- Are we a society of scopophiliacs,so hungry for entertainment that we can sell our own private moments for it?
Thursday, March 25, 2010
LOVE , *** aur bahut kuch !
I am no film critic and generally also I avoid passing judgements on other people's creative outputs.So whatever opinion I have about a poem,a book, a film or any other art piece I try keeping it to myself.However ,I do feel like absolving Ekta Kapoor of some of her saas-bahu sins for producing a film called Love,Sex aur Dhoka.Not that its a masterpiece,but Dibakar Banerjee does raise some relevant questions for the Youtube generation.
Orange Flower Awards
Readers Loved These
#azchallenge 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 9/11 answers April Blogging challenge autumn basho birthday blog blogoversary book BOY brothers chandigarh child childhood children cities colour contest dad daughter daughter's day death death loneliness alone delhi discrimination diwali dreams emily eyes facebook fairytale family fear festival first fog freedom freeze frenemy friends GADGETS gender ratio girls god grandfather grandmother grief Haider HAIKU happy heart her hills hindi history home hope human husband independence day jagjit singh joys kashmir kerouac kids krishna leader lessons life light loneliness lonely longing loss love me memories memories men mind miss mom mom dad mother mother's day motherhood nest new year nobody nostalgia opposites pain papa paradoxes patriarchy plant poet poetry priyamvada pyar questions rain random thoughts rape reading religion remember ritual Ruskin Bond sad school sexual harrasment shame shimla short story small son sonee soul Stream of consciousness sufi summers tea teachers thoughts toddlers tragedy tree TV violence virginia woolf wife winter WISHES woman women women's day words. thoughts words.thoughts worship writer writing