- When will the clowns of the great indian circus,popularly known as our parliament ,learn to respect national time and money?
- Is reservation an intelligent solution?
- Does having more women MPs improve the lot of a common indian woman?
- How will we prevent proxy-politics that this kind of reservation usually leads to?
- Isn't it more essential to have more gender-sensitive legislators , irrespective of their own gender?
- If all political parties were so pro-women(as they all claim now), why did it take 12 long years to get this bill passed?
- Doesn't this whole fiasco make women feel like mere pawns in the dirty games of politics?
- What about the majority of indian women who are still illiterate and more so what about those literate ones who are on the exploiter's side?
- Don't we need only an attitude change as far as status of women in india is concerned?
- Finally ,does anyone seem to care about the more than 50000 girls being killed in india every year?
Maybe it is just too little too late , but then better late than never.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
My reservations about women's reservation
Orange Flower Awards
Readers Loved These
#azchallenge 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 9/11 answers April Blogging challenge autumn basho birthday blog blogoversary book BOY brothers chandigarh child childhood children cities colour contest dad daughter daughter's day death death loneliness alone delhi discrimination diwali dreams emily eyes facebook fairytale family fear festival first fog freedom freeze frenemy friends GADGETS gender ratio girls god grandfather grandmother grief Haider HAIKU happy heart her hills hindi history home hope human husband independence day jagjit singh joys kashmir kerouac kids krishna leader lessons life light loneliness lonely longing loss love me memories memories men mind miss mom mom dad mother mother's day motherhood nest new year nobody nostalgia opposites pain papa paradoxes patriarchy plant poet poetry priyamvada pyar questions rain random thoughts rape reading religion remember ritual Ruskin Bond sad school sexual harrasment shame shimla short story small son sonee soul Stream of consciousness sufi summers tea teachers thoughts toddlers tragedy tree TV violence virginia woolf wife winter WISHES woman women women's day words. thoughts words.thoughts worship writer writing