- When will the clowns of the great indian circus,popularly known as our parliament ,learn to respect national time and money?
- Is reservation an intelligent solution?
- Does having more women MPs improve the lot of a common indian woman?
- How will we prevent proxy-politics that this kind of reservation usually leads to?
- Isn't it more essential to have more gender-sensitive legislators , irrespective of their own gender?
- If all political parties were so pro-women(as they all claim now), why did it take 12 long years to get this bill passed?
- Doesn't this whole fiasco make women feel like mere pawns in the dirty games of politics?
- What about the majority of indian women who are still illiterate and more so what about those literate ones who are on the exploiter's side?
- Don't we need only an attitude change as far as status of women in india is concerned?
- Finally ,does anyone seem to care about the more than 50000 girls being killed in india every year?
Maybe it is just too little too late , but then better late than never.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
My reservations about women's reservation
Orange Flower Awards
Readers Loved These
I write about
April Blogging challenge love 2015 daughter life memories women death girls hindi dad poetry 2014 gender ratio soul mom childhood death loneliness alone poet priyamvada loneliness delhi words. thoughts child heart woman words.thoughts Stream of consciousness rape answers blog lessons mother birthday women's day contest grief loss HAIKU blogoversary cities discrimination festival friends me memories mind papa religion sexual harrasment shimla sufi winter lonely mom dad pain questions violence writer diwali freedom god home men patriarchy random thoughts sad writing brothers fear fog grandfather grandmother hope kids light motherhood ritual summers basho book chandigarh children emily eyes facebook hills husband kerouac longing miss new year nostalgia paradoxes remember school sonee 2011 BOY Ruskin Bond WISHES dreams fairytale family freeze independence day jagjit singh nobody pyar rain reading shame short story worship 9/11 GADGETS TV aazadi autumn colour daughter's day first frenemy happy history human joys kashmir krishna leader mother's day nest opposites plant small son teachers thoughts toddlers tragedy tree virginia woolf wife 2012 2013 Haider her tea