- When will the clowns of the great indian circus,popularly known as our parliament ,learn to respect national time and money?
- Is reservation an intelligent solution?
- Does having more women MPs improve the lot of a common indian woman?
- How will we prevent proxy-politics that this kind of reservation usually leads to?
- Isn't it more essential to have more gender-sensitive legislators , irrespective of their own gender?
- If all political parties were so pro-women(as they all claim now), why did it take 12 long years to get this bill passed?
- Doesn't this whole fiasco make women feel like mere pawns in the dirty games of politics?
- What about the majority of indian women who are still illiterate and more so what about those literate ones who are on the exploiter's side?
- Don't we need only an attitude change as far as status of women in india is concerned?
- Finally ,does anyone seem to care about the more than 50000 girls being killed in india every year?
Maybe it is just too little too late , but then better late than never.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
My reservations about women's reservation
Orange Flower Awards
Readers Loved These
I write about
April Blogging challenge love 2015 daughter life memories women death girls dad hindi poetry gender ratio 2014 soul mom poet childhood death loneliness alone priyamvada woman loneliness delhi rape words. thoughts child heart words.thoughts Stream of consciousness answers violence blog lessons mother birthday women's day contest grief home loss men sexual harrasment HAIKU blogoversary cities discrimination festival friends me memories mind papa religion shimla sufi winter lonely mom dad pain questions writer diwali dreams freedom god grandfather patriarchy random thoughts sad writing brothers children fear fog grandmother hope kids light motherhood ritual summers basho book chandigarh emily eyes facebook hills husband kerouac longing miss new year nostalgia paradoxes remember school sonee 2011 BOY Ruskin Bond WISHES fairytale family freeze independence day jagjit singh kashmir nobody pyar rain reading shame short story son virginia woolf worship 9/11 GADGETS TV aazadi autumn colour daughter's day first frenemy happy history human joys krishna leader mother's day nest opposites plant small teachers thoughts toddlers tragedy tree wife 2012 2013 Haider her tea