- Personal preferences including those related to dress,food and hobbies will be respected with no pressure from in-laws or relatives.
- The couple would share the responsibility of caring for each other's parents--while each would remain the primary caregiver for their own parents.
- Both partners have an equal rightto pursue--or not pursue--a career and play the role of primary breadwinner.
- If both choose to work,the responsibility of child rearing and home management will be shared equally.
- Together,the couple will resolve to overcome attempts by extended family to interfere in their key life choices.
- The bride does not leave her home to merge seamlessly or fit into her in-laws scheme of things:she now has another home that she might choose to call her own in addittion to the home she comes from.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
EQUALITY MARRIAGE MANIFESTO
Manifesto for equality in marriage (advertised by a popular matrimonials service)
Orange Flower Awards
Readers Loved These
I write about
love 2015 April Blogging challenge daughter life memories death women girls hindi dad 2014 gender ratio soul poetry mom childhood death loneliness alone priyamvada delhi loneliness words. thoughts child words.thoughts Stream of consciousness heart rape answers lessons mother woman poet birthday blog women's day contest HAIKU blogoversary discrimination festival friends grief loss me memories mind papa religion sexual harrasment shimla winter cities lonely mom dad pain questions sufi writer diwali freedom god men patriarchy random thoughts sad violence brothers fear fog grandfather grandmother hope kids motherhood ritual summers writing basho book chandigarh children emily eyes facebook hills home husband kerouac light miss new year nostalgia paradoxes remember school sonee BOY WISHES dreams fairytale family freeze independence day jagjit singh longing nobody pyar rain reading shame short story worship 2011 9/11 GADGETS Ruskin Bond TV aazadi autumn colour daughter's day first frenemy happy history human joys kashmir krishna leader mother's day nest opposites plant small son teachers thoughts toddlers tragedy tree virginia woolf wife 2012 2013 Haider her tea