- Personal preferences including those related to dress,food and hobbies will be respected with no pressure from in-laws or relatives.
- The couple would share the responsibility of caring for each other's parents--while each would remain the primary caregiver for their own parents.
- Both partners have an equal rightto pursue--or not pursue--a career and play the role of primary breadwinner.
- If both choose to work,the responsibility of child rearing and home management will be shared equally.
- Together,the couple will resolve to overcome attempts by extended family to interfere in their key life choices.
- The bride does not leave her home to merge seamlessly or fit into her in-laws scheme of things:she now has another home that she might choose to call her own in addittion to the home she comes from.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
EQUALITY MARRIAGE MANIFESTO
Manifesto for equality in marriage (advertised by a popular matrimonials service)
Orange Flower Awards
Readers Loved These
#azchallenge 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 9/11 answers April Blogging challenge autumn basho birthday blog blogoversary book BOY brothers chandigarh child childhood children cities colour contest dad daughter daughter's day death death loneliness alone delhi discrimination diwali dreams emily eyes facebook fairytale family fear festival first fog freedom freeze frenemy friends GADGETS gender ratio girls god grandfather grandmother grief Haider HAIKU happy heart her hills hindi history home hope human husband independence day jagjit singh joys kashmir kerouac kids krishna leader lessons life light loneliness lonely longing loss love me memories memories men mind miss mom mom dad mother mother's day motherhood nest new year nobody nostalgia opposites pain papa paradoxes patriarchy plant poet poetry priyamvada pyar questions rain random thoughts rape reading religion remember ritual Ruskin Bond sad school sexual harrasment shame shimla short story small son sonee soul Stream of consciousness sufi summers tea teachers thoughts toddlers tragedy tree TV violence virginia woolf wife winter WISHES woman women women's day words. thoughts words.thoughts worship writer writing