- Personal preferences including those related to dress,food and hobbies will be respected with no pressure from in-laws or relatives.
- The couple would share the responsibility of caring for each other's parents--while each would remain the primary caregiver for their own parents.
- Both partners have an equal rightto pursue--or not pursue--a career and play the role of primary breadwinner.
- If both choose to work,the responsibility of child rearing and home management will be shared equally.
- Together,the couple will resolve to overcome attempts by extended family to interfere in their key life choices.
- The bride does not leave her home to merge seamlessly or fit into her in-laws scheme of things:she now has another home that she might choose to call her own in addittion to the home she comes from.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
EQUALITY MARRIAGE MANIFESTO
Manifesto for equality in marriage (advertised by a popular matrimonials service)
Orange Flower Awards
Readers Loved These
I write about
April Blogging challenge love 2015 daughter life memories women death girls hindi poetry dad 2014 gender ratio soul mom poet childhood death loneliness alone priyamvada loneliness delhi words. thoughts child heart woman words.thoughts Stream of consciousness rape answers blog lessons mother birthday women's day contest grief loss HAIKU blogoversary cities discrimination festival friends me memories mind papa religion sexual harrasment shimla sufi winter lonely mom dad pain questions violence writer diwali freedom god home men patriarchy random thoughts sad writing brothers fear fog grandfather grandmother hope kids light motherhood ritual summers basho book chandigarh children dreams emily eyes facebook hills husband kerouac longing miss new year nostalgia paradoxes remember school sonee 2011 BOY Ruskin Bond WISHES fairytale family freeze independence day jagjit singh nobody pyar rain reading shame short story virginia woolf worship 9/11 GADGETS TV aazadi autumn colour daughter's day first frenemy happy history human joys kashmir krishna leader mother's day nest opposites plant small son teachers thoughts toddlers tragedy tree wife 2012 2013 Haider her tea