- Personal preferences including those related to dress,food and hobbies will be respected with no pressure from in-laws or relatives.
- The couple would share the responsibility of caring for each other's parents--while each would remain the primary caregiver for their own parents.
- Both partners have an equal rightto pursue--or not pursue--a career and play the role of primary breadwinner.
- If both choose to work,the responsibility of child rearing and home management will be shared equally.
- Together,the couple will resolve to overcome attempts by extended family to interfere in their key life choices.
- The bride does not leave her home to merge seamlessly or fit into her in-laws scheme of things:she now has another home that she might choose to call her own in addittion to the home she comes from.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
EQUALITY MARRIAGE MANIFESTO
Manifesto for equality in marriage (advertised by a popular matrimonials service)
Orange Flower Awards
Readers Loved These
I write about
April Blogging challenge love 2015 daughter life memories women death girls dad hindi poetry gender ratio 2014 soul mom poet childhood death loneliness alone priyamvada woman loneliness delhi rape words. thoughts child heart words.thoughts Stream of consciousness answers violence blog lessons mother birthday women's day contest grief home loss men sexual harrasment HAIKU blogoversary cities discrimination festival friends me memories mind papa religion shimla sufi winter lonely mom dad pain questions writer diwali dreams freedom god grandfather patriarchy random thoughts sad writing brothers children fear fog grandmother hope kids light motherhood ritual summers basho book chandigarh emily eyes facebook hills husband kerouac longing miss new year nostalgia paradoxes remember school sonee 2011 BOY Ruskin Bond WISHES fairytale family freeze independence day jagjit singh kashmir nobody pyar rain reading shame short story son virginia woolf worship 9/11 GADGETS TV aazadi autumn colour daughter's day first frenemy happy history human joys krishna leader mother's day nest opposites plant small teachers thoughts toddlers tragedy tree wife 2012 2013 Haider her tea