As my little one completes almost her first year at a montessori school, I am sure there is plenty she has absorbed from the school environment ,from teachers and friends. I can imagine how fascinating the world of the written word may seem to her now and simultaneously how complicated the nuances of language and signs and symbols are every where.
I think she now understands:
- there is school most of the days and then there is holiday !
- books have words which have meaning
- numbers are used to count
- pretty dresses don't make friends ,friendly gestures do
- washing hands kills the germs
- laptops are not people
Another student who has learned some valuable lesons in this journey is me and what I learnt from her during this is :
- The vessel has to be empty if it wants to be filled and so UNLEARN TO LEARN.
- Ants repeat,bees repeat, babies repeat,only grown ups get bored.PRACTICE MAKES US PERFECT.
- SMALL JOYS.Big joys happen now and then small joys happen everyday cherish them.
- The easiest thing is to give up,label be prejudiced.DON'T JUDGE.
- FORGIVE AND MOVE ON.Things will break,moments will be lost,people will hurt or just look the other way.Don't carry the hurt.
- LOVE,DON'T EXPECT.When you give a hug it might not be returned always,so what ,you give it anyway.
- RESPECT IS ALSO A KIND OF LOVE. Often we can't give gifts or write poetry but by just listening we show that we love and care.