- MIND OVER MATTER You may value your marble floor and wood work a lot but they can't make a meaningful conversation.
- RESPECT A barefoot child selling some random item on the signal deserves more respect than a man spitting out pan from his expensive SUV.
- FEMINISM A plumber works day and night to give his only girl child a college education and a man with a few factories just wants to add a few more zeroes to her dowry cheque.
- LIFE Possessions are just that , first you posses them then they possess you.
- HOME Bricks and cement, price tags mean nothing if they do not have the warmth of human souls.
- LEARNING The more you learn the more you must unlearn to uncomplicated and live a life free of prejudices and baggage.
- DELHI A city can be a friend, a frenemy, a teacher and all of the above.
Friday, January 24, 2014
DELHI - First impressions, second time
Orange Flower Awards
Readers Loved These
I write about
2015 love April Blogging challenge daughter life memories women death girls hindi dad 2014 gender ratio soul poetry mom childhood death loneliness alone priyamvada delhi loneliness words. thoughts child words.thoughts Stream of consciousness heart rape answers lessons mother woman poet birthday blog women's day contest HAIKU blogoversary discrimination festival friends grief loss me memories mind papa religion sexual harrasment shimla winter cities lonely mom dad pain questions sufi writer diwali freedom god men patriarchy random thoughts sad violence brothers fear fog grandfather grandmother hope kids motherhood ritual summers writing basho book chandigarh children emily eyes facebook hills home husband kerouac light miss new year nostalgia paradoxes remember school sonee BOY WISHES dreams fairytale family freeze independence day jagjit singh longing nobody pyar rain reading shame short story worship 2011 9/11 GADGETS Ruskin Bond TV aazadi autumn colour daughter's day first frenemy happy history human joys kashmir krishna leader mother's day nest opposites plant small son teachers thoughts toddlers tragedy tree virginia woolf wife 2012 2013 Haider her tea