- I wish during my early years in Shimla instead of pouring all my attention on books I had explored the fun outdoors more.
- I wish when single I had travelled more instead of worrying about a career.
- I wish when young instead of valuing people for their achievements I had valued them for their essence.
- I wish instead of being just an armchair activist I am able to do something to make a difference to a girl child's life other than my daughter in this lifetime.
- I wish instead of the boundary walled apartment complex and the hostile-to-women city I lived somewhere I had a beach for a safe evening walk.
- I wish instead of following the Indian style of parenting including "protect the child" I had travelled and gone out more with P.
- I wish instead of this list I had written something better.
Friday, January 31, 2014
I wish instead....just a rant
Orange Flower Awards
Readers Loved These
#azchallenge 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 9/11 answers April Blogging challenge autumn basho birthday blog blogoversary book BOY brothers chandigarh child childhood children cities colour contest dad daughter daughter's day death death loneliness alone delhi discrimination diwali dreams emily eyes facebook fairytale family fear festival first fog freedom freeze frenemy friends GADGETS gender ratio girls god grandfather grandmother grief Haider HAIKU happy heart her hills hindi history home hope human husband independence day jagjit singh joys kashmir kerouac kids krishna leader lessons life light loneliness lonely longing loss love me memories memories men mind miss mom mom dad mother mother's day motherhood nest new year nobody nostalgia opposites pain papa paradoxes patriarchy plant poet poetry priyamvada pyar questions rain random thoughts rape reading religion remember ritual Ruskin Bond sad school sexual harrasment shame shimla short story small son sonee soul Stream of consciousness sufi summers tea teachers thoughts toddlers tragedy tree TV violence virginia woolf wife winter WISHES woman women women's day words. thoughts words.thoughts worship writer writing