- A grey-haired caretaker lady from nursery school who walked in a wobbly manner
- A lanky classmate in a pre-primary classroom who always had the yummiest tiffin
- The only pet I ever had- Jackie, who was not just a German Shepherd but was my first ever best friend.
- Many childhood friends from our old neighbourhood with whom I played hopscotch, hide and seek, snow games.
- The bespectacled librarian in the library beside the church who would sit on her desk in the mild winter sun and always have a reading recommendation for me.
- The blind beggar who would play Pahari tunes in his flute in the market when we went for evening strolls
- The junior doctor who would talk to me about Shakespeare as she changed the dressing everyday on a painful surgery scar.
- A friend, fellow researcher and a wonderful person who chose to break all ties with me on quite a bitter note. Hope she knows I still wish her well.
- So many of my wonderful students whose notes and gestures of kindness were always in excess of any of my talents or efforts.
- Some extremely learned colleagues, seniors and bosses who were open to learning and sharing their experiences and knowledge.
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
SENDING LOVE TO SOME BLURRED NAMES & BEDIMMED FACES
Orange Flower Awards
Readers Loved These
I write about
April Blogging challenge love 2015 daughter life memories women death girls hindi poetry dad 2014 gender ratio soul mom poet childhood death loneliness alone priyamvada loneliness delhi words. thoughts child heart woman words.thoughts Stream of consciousness rape answers blog lessons mother birthday women's day contest grief loss HAIKU blogoversary cities discrimination festival friends me memories mind papa religion sexual harrasment shimla sufi winter lonely mom dad pain questions violence writer diwali freedom god home men patriarchy random thoughts sad writing brothers fear fog grandfather grandmother hope kids light motherhood ritual summers basho book chandigarh children dreams emily eyes facebook hills husband kerouac longing miss new year nostalgia paradoxes remember school sonee 2011 BOY Ruskin Bond WISHES fairytale family freeze independence day jagjit singh nobody pyar rain reading shame short story virginia woolf worship 9/11 GADGETS TV aazadi autumn colour daughter's day first frenemy happy history human joys kashmir krishna leader mother's day nest opposites plant small son teachers thoughts toddlers tragedy tree wife 2012 2013 Haider her tea