Friday, May 1, 2015

An Ode to Madness

 
 

 
 
I do not write words
I write my madness
 
I am insanely alive
a grief thumping inside me
tic-toc, tic-toc, tic-toc
clocks imitate heartbeats
hearts came first
time later
I guess so
 
Eliot ,Plath, Woolf
Kerouac, Marx and someone
I am bad with names
bled and bled in words
no relief for this angst
 
mind games with memories
the bad ones
always win
life is not a fairy tale
happily ever after
are a myth
 
good moments are eels
slippery,
ready to barter themselves
with that charmer called time
chatter, noise
blah blah blah
blah blah
spellcheck
fonts, colours, format
memories photoshopped
 
substance without make-up
soulless, soul less
I keep forgetting
the password to my soul
do you too?
multiple users?
 
One capital letter
one special character
one number
and one nothing
session timed out
"He died."
 
one word stuck
no glue, just tears
no scrub, no facial
can take it off my forehead
 
I always wanted a tattoo
that could define me
HOWL like Ginsberg
can we Tattoo Nothing?
 
label before person
usernames only
souls are useless
 
dead people breathing
tip tap tip tap
beeps beeps beeps
sensitive term
-humanly challenged
keypads and screens
blue, white, greens
Signal to noise ratio
ask Google
 
waiting for messages
that never come
images that never become
people
 
I am scrubbing time off me
years are piling on my back
like the rubble
after the earthquake
 
avalanche on twitter
or was it Sagarmatha
the forehead of the seas
snow is no good
to hide labels
you see
 
Red like the blood
from the slit artery
of that lonely girl
pain is a fluid
it finds its way
 
farmers hang till death
death hangs forever
silence is the heaviest
it can weigh down
many souls
 
the body knows
pain and pleasure
the agony and the ecstasy
touch ,smell, sight
two bodies
in one delight
plight
rhyme
TIME,TIME,TIME
 
Present TENSE as in tension
present perfect continuous
the impossibility
of madness
 
words to define
what words can never say
 
the bird that lives on a ship
flies, finds nowhere
comes back
no chains
 
words, not spoken
not written
not read
are these words?
 
or are these silences
as in many
together-alone
 
 
sshh...sh….
keep my secret
I was always mad
with bouts of painful sanity
in between.


Orange Flower Awards

@IAmSufiZen

COMPANIONS CALLED BOOKS

To Kill a Mockingbird
The Catcher in the Rye
Animal Farm
The Alchemist
One Hundred Years of Solitude
Romeo and Juliet
Frankenstein
The Odyssey
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
The Count of Monte Cristo
Eat, Pray, Love
Lolita
The Da Vinci Code
The Kite Runner
The Silence of the Lambs
The Diary of a Young Girl
Pride and Prejudice
Jane Eyre
The Notebook
Gone With the Wind
}

I WILL RING THE BELL.WILL YOU?

The Human Bean Cafe, Ontario

The Human Bean Cafe, Ontario
my work on display there !!!!!